NOW LOCATED AT
1168 e. Sangamon ave.
Springfield Illinois 62702
Next to Fulgenzi’s Pizza & Pasta
Mahan’s Filling Station Moves to a new location
The former Mahan’s Filling Station, a centerpiece of the now-closed Shea’s Route 66 Museum in Springfield, was moved on Sunday, Jan. 24, 2016 a short distance to the east side of Fulgenzi’s Pizza and Pasta. New owner Jeff Fulgenzi, who believes the building may date to as early as 1917, and is certainly one of the oldest surviving filling stations in the state, plans to restore it as closely as possible to its original state. Originally a Phillips 66 Station, Mahan’s was moved 21 miles from Middletown by Williamsville contractor Dave Turner in February 2000 and relocated within the museum compound, where it was restored. The move was completed in a little over three hours Sunday by employees of Shaner’s Towing under the direction of Moss Excavating owner Bill Moss.
- About Us
- Beer and Wine Available for Dine In Only
- Candy and Cookies
- Contact Us
- Gift Cards
- Ice-cream Cones And Sundaes
- Mobile App
- Online Menu
- Our Favorite Specials
- Pasta Delivery Springfield & Sherman Il
- Pizza Delivery for Springfield Illinois & Sherman Illinois
- Real Hand Made Milk Shakes
- Shea’s Gas Station. Oldest Gas Station on Route 66 in Illinois. A Springfield Tourist attraction.
- Springfield Food Delivery Service
- Springfield Illinois Hamburgers And Cheese Burgers
- Video Gaming Available Must be 21 to Play
- Walleye & Fry Dinner
- What are Hamburger Horseshoes